When I get sick the first thing that I go for in my refrigerator is the bottle of orange juice because of all the natural vitamins, it has in it that will help my immune system. Oranges are good for you, so read up on the nutrition analysis of oranges and how you can benefit from them. (Image by Andrew Gibson. via Flickr)
As everyone knows oranges are an abundant source for vitamin C. That’s not enough! Here follows the list of other health benefits of orange.
Citrus fruits, as such, have long been valued for their wholesome nutritious and antioxidant properties. It is scientifically established that citrus fruits, especially oranges, by virtue of their richness in vitamins and minerals, have many proven health benefits. Moreover, it is now beginning to be appreciated that the other biologically active, non-nutrient compounds in the citrus fruits such as phyto-chemical antioxidants, soluble and insoluble dietary fiber helps in cutting risk for cancers, chronic diseases like arthritis, obesity, and coronary heart diseases. Here follows the list of other health benefits of the orange.
- Oranges contains Beta carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant guarding the health of our cells.
- Oranges contain Calcium, which a school going knows how important it is in healthy bones and teeth’s.
- Our brain needs folic acid for proper development which is found in oranges.
- Blood pressure can be kept in balance with magnesium found in oranges.
- To maintain a healthy cardiovascular system and to maintain electrolyte balance of cells, one can eat oranges for the potassium it provides.
Oranges are good for you, so enjoy eating them after finding out all these benefits that they have. Instead of just saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away, you might as well say an orange a day keeps the doctor away!