Eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away, literally! Your nutrition is very important for your mind and body, so here is a free nutrition plan to keep a balance nutrition and to keep you healthy and happy. As long as you follow this eating plan you should see results in your mood immediately. (Image by libraryman via Flickr)
70-90% Total Energy Source 10-30% Total Energy Source
*Chicken meat has a high Omega 6 ratio, especially dark meat and skin, which is why it is a secondary food.
**Only if you are relatively healthy and active
***White rice is the least nutrient-dense carbohydrate here so it should not be a staple.
SECONDARY FOODS (choose only one of the following, per day)
1-Day per Week Foods – THE CHEAT DAY
AVOID (unless it’s your cheat day)
- Anything you want! Bread, cake, etc. Reward yourself for staying true to your goals – unless of course you don’t like it or it upsets your stomach. The goal is that this day becomes healthier and healthier as you become healthier.
- Processed foods (if you have to ask, it’s processed)
- Vegetable and industrial seed oils
- No-No list
- Cereal grains
- Candy and processed sugar, even the “healthy” sweeteners
- Wheat, oats, barley and natural grains
- Foods that make you bloated
- Diet or regular sodas (this is a HEALTH program)
- Alcohol – If a glass of wine or beer a day helps you unwind and feel better, then do it. This is not a diet; it is a nutrition program that you can mold to meet your needs. Moderation is king. Just know that alcohol affects your digestive juices immensely especially if you already have poor digestion
Yes, an eating plan like this can be difficult, but stick to it. I know you can do it! We’ve help boost your attitude so now it’s time to start eating healthier so you can live a long happy life.